Men have given the hairstyling industry a much needed boost over the past few years, as they have become more confident about venturing from the barber’s chair to other forms of male grooming. A quarter of salon customers are now men. We are in an age were men have become more style conscious and have increased spending.
“Guys are now getting their hair done more frequently than I’ve ever seen in my 25 years running this salon. They’re wanting sharper, trendier haircuts, favoring shorter styles.” said Mr Polti, a salon owner in Edinburgh. “They’re also looking at different kinds of products for styling their hair. Gone are the days of just buying a tube of gel. We’ve seen a big upturn in guys using hairspray, which is seen as looking more natural than gel.”
Here at Greater Than Sparrows Salon and Medspa, we love to cater to our male clients, just as much as our female guests. Every male cut includes a precision haircut, followed by an invigorating shampoo with warm aromatherapy facial towel and relaxing scalp massage. Call 804-379-4000 today to ask about our current men’s cut special and be sure to schedule your appointment with one of our fabulous stylists!
Jane Iredale has branded itself as ‘the skincare makeup’ and with good reason! With everything from mineral makeup to nourishing skin care, it is the most preferred makeup line by estheticians around the world. Greater Than Sparrows has the distinct pleasure of being able to offer this amazing make up exclusively to you!
Let’s talk a little about the founder of Jane Iredale…
Jane Iredale is the president and founder of Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, a company she founded in 1994 which brought the mineral makeup line jane iredale to the aesthetic industry. She was the first to supply this industry with a line of makeup that had skin care benefits. Jane has always thought of makeup as an essential part of a woman’s sense of well-being and she wanted to make that easy to achieve. That’s why her mineral powders are a foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one, and why every product in the line is multi-functional. Her goal is to make products that look good, feel good, and are good for the skin. Products must be easy to apply, as well, so that a woman can be her best in the shortest amount of time.
She was inspired to develop a makeup that was good for the skin by her career in the entertainment industry where she saw actresses and models struggling with the ill-effects of the many kinds of makeup they wore. Her experience in working with women whose careers depended on a clear complexion allowed her to see how skin disorders and sensitivities not only threatened careers, but also destroyed self-confidence. Jane’s success in reaching women of all ages and nationalities is based on the belief that true makeup artistry comes not from trying to make a face conform to the latest fashion trends, but from enhancing the wearer’s natural beauty and, as a result, allowing her personality to shine.
- PurePressed Base
- Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain
- Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener
- BeautyPrep Face Moisturizer
- Magic Mitt
Greater Than Sparrows carries all of the above listed best sellers, plus so much more! Call 804-379-4000 or come by today for a complementary foundation color match, or book a full make up service and get the benefits of a one on one make up lesson from one of our talented staff. We are always available to answer questions and be sure to add your email to our mailing list to receive the latest updates, specials, and upcoming events!
Our staff looks forward to making you feel like royalty!
Have you recently suffered a botched haircut? Are you in that weird ‘in between’ phase, impatiently waiting for your hair to grow out? Is your hair fine and totally unable to hold a curl? Are you getting married soon and wanting to have long flowing locks or an intricate updo? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then hair extensions may be the answer for you! Read on to find out more about this life changing service.
Just the facts:
- Extensions don’t only to add length. You can choose to add volume instead (or in addition to length), which is perfect for fine, limp or thinning hair.
- Turn that bob into a mane! If your existing hair is at little as 3 inches long, you can get extensions, although the extent of your transformation may be limited if your hair is very short.
- Extensions can be braided in, taped in, attached by a silicone bead, or — if you only need a follicular boost for a special event — clipped in.
- You can also add highlights or color — with shades ranging from mild to wild — to your hair with the use of extensions.
- The process isn’t painful, and the hair is super lightweight, so no pain and no heavy feeling!
How much does the service cost?
Price varies depending on the individual and how many packs of hair they may need. Call for a free consultation!
What to look for:
“[The goal with] extensions is to have the most natural look you can achieve,” says Tony Promiscuo, owner of Atlanta’s Godiva Salon, who notes that while synthetic types are most plentiful, human hair is superior in its viability. (In addition, synthetic hair cannot typically be heated, so styling options are limited — meaning forget the blow dryer and curling iron.) Here at Greater Than Sparrows we use 100% natural remi Hair.
“Individual strands allow a customized, more natural, look,” says celebrity hairstylist and salon owner Philip Pelusi of New York City’s Tela salon. “You can play with the color or length, and fill in spots that need it more than others — it’s a more accurate way to get the desired look.”
Caring for your hair extensions
- Human hair extensions can be treated as real hair, but more gently.
- Use a special brush (often a loop brush) made just for extensions, so you don’t damage the new hair or the bond. We carry extension brushes here at Greater Than Sparrows for your purchase.
- A gentle shampoo is recommended, and use cool water to help minimize tangles. Our Eufora or J Beverly Hills brand products work beautifully!
- A light conditioner will help reduce tangling and keep your new hair supple. Eufora Smooth’n is our favorite conditioner for extensions.
- Sleep with your hair in a loose ponytail or braid to avoid bed-head and knots.