Long Luscious Locks!
Have you recently suffered a botched haircut? Are you in that weird ‘in between’ phase, impatiently waiting for your hair to grow out? Is your hair fine and totally unable to hold a curl? Are you getting married soon and wanting to have long flowing locks or an intricate updo? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then hair extensions may be the answer for you! Read on to find out more about this life changing service.
Just the facts:
- Extensions don’t only to add length. You can choose to add volume instead (or in addition to length), which is perfect for fine, limp or thinning hair.
- Turn that bob into a mane! If your existing hair is at little as 3 inches long, you can get extensions, although the extent of your transformation may be limited if your hair is very short.
- Extensions can be braided in, taped in, attached by a silicone bead, or — if you only need a follicular boost for a special event — clipped in.
- You can also add highlights or color — with shades ranging from mild to wild — to your hair with the use of extensions.
- The process isn’t painful, and the hair is super lightweight, so no pain and no heavy feeling!
How much does the service cost?
Price varies depending on the individual and how many packs of hair they may need. Call for a free consultation!
What to look for:
“[The goal with] extensions is to have the most natural look you can achieve,” says Tony Promiscuo, owner of Atlanta’s Godiva Salon, who notes that while synthetic types are most plentiful, human hair is superior in its viability. (In addition, synthetic hair cannot typically be heated, so styling options are limited — meaning forget the blow dryer and curling iron.) Here at Greater Than Sparrows we use 100% natural remi Hair.
“Individual strands allow a customized, more natural, look,” says celebrity hairstylist and salon owner Philip Pelusi of New York City’s Tela salon. “You can play with the color or length, and fill in spots that need it more than others — it’s a more accurate way to get the desired look.”
Caring for your hair extensions
- Human hair extensions can be treated as real hair, but more gently.
- Use a special brush (often a loop brush) made just for extensions, so you don’t damage the new hair or the bond. We carry extension brushes here at Greater Than Sparrows for your purchase.
- A gentle shampoo is recommended, and use cool water to help minimize tangles. Our Eufora or J Beverly Hills brand products work beautifully!
- A light conditioner will help reduce tangling and keep your new hair supple. Eufora Smooth’n is our favorite conditioner for extensions.
- Sleep with your hair in a loose ponytail or braid to avoid bed-head and knots.
Be the first to post a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.