Here at Greater Than Sparrows, we offer only the best in skin care treatments! Our chosen skin care partner is PCA brand. Formulating products that improve the health of your skin is a cornerstone of PCA SKIN®. They hand select ingredients that are uniquely compatible with the skin and body to ensure the best results are achieved. Their finished daily care and professional treatment products are created to work together in customized regimens that deliver healthy, beautiful, younger-looking skin. When choosing ingredients and developing products PCA always maintains a deep respect for human health, animals and the environment. This is why all PCA SKIN products are free of synthetic dyes and fragrances, mineral oil, petrolatum, lanolin and phthalates. PCA SKIN pairs health, beauty and science to create each of their unique formulations that offer you an effective solution for the health of your skin.
Have you had a chance to try PCA Brand? If not schedule your appointment with our Master Esthetician today by calling 804-379-4000. We are also available to answer any questions you may have regarding treatments and the health of your skin with a complimentary skin analysis. We look forward to serving all your skin care needs.
Men have given the hairstyling industry a much needed boost over the past few years, as they have become more confident about venturing from the barber’s chair to other forms of male grooming. A quarter of salon customers are now men. We are in an age were men have become more style conscious and have increased spending.
“Guys are now getting their hair done more frequently than I’ve ever seen in my 25 years running this salon. They’re wanting sharper, trendier haircuts, favoring shorter styles.” said Mr Polti, a salon owner in Edinburgh. “They’re also looking at different kinds of products for styling their hair. Gone are the days of just buying a tube of gel. We’ve seen a big upturn in guys using hairspray, which is seen as looking more natural than gel.”
Here at Greater Than Sparrows Salon and Medspa, we love to cater to our male clients, just as much as our female guests. Every male cut includes a precision haircut, followed by an invigorating shampoo with warm aromatherapy facial towel and relaxing scalp massage. Call 804-379-4000 today to ask about our current men’s cut special and be sure to schedule your appointment with one of our fabulous stylists!
Have you recently suffered a botched haircut? Are you in that weird ‘in between’ phase, impatiently waiting for your hair to grow out? Is your hair fine and totally unable to hold a curl? Are you getting married soon and wanting to have long flowing locks or an intricate updo? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then hair extensions may be the answer for you! Read on to find out more about this life changing service.
Just the facts:
- Extensions don’t only to add length. You can choose to add volume instead (or in addition to length), which is perfect for fine, limp or thinning hair.
- Turn that bob into a mane! If your existing hair is at little as 3 inches long, you can get extensions, although the extent of your transformation may be limited if your hair is very short.
- Extensions can be braided in, taped in, attached by a silicone bead, or — if you only need a follicular boost for a special event — clipped in.
- You can also add highlights or color — with shades ranging from mild to wild — to your hair with the use of extensions.
- The process isn’t painful, and the hair is super lightweight, so no pain and no heavy feeling!
How much does the service cost?
Price varies depending on the individual and how many packs of hair they may need. Call for a free consultation!
What to look for:
“[The goal with] extensions is to have the most natural look you can achieve,” says Tony Promiscuo, owner of Atlanta’s Godiva Salon, who notes that while synthetic types are most plentiful, human hair is superior in its viability. (In addition, synthetic hair cannot typically be heated, so styling options are limited — meaning forget the blow dryer and curling iron.) Here at Greater Than Sparrows we use 100% natural remi Hair.
“Individual strands allow a customized, more natural, look,” says celebrity hairstylist and salon owner Philip Pelusi of New York City’s Tela salon. “You can play with the color or length, and fill in spots that need it more than others — it’s a more accurate way to get the desired look.”
Caring for your hair extensions
- Human hair extensions can be treated as real hair, but more gently.
- Use a special brush (often a loop brush) made just for extensions, so you don’t damage the new hair or the bond. We carry extension brushes here at Greater Than Sparrows for your purchase.
- A gentle shampoo is recommended, and use cool water to help minimize tangles. Our Eufora or J Beverly Hills brand products work beautifully!
- A light conditioner will help reduce tangling and keep your new hair supple. Eufora Smooth’n is our favorite conditioner for extensions.
- Sleep with your hair in a loose ponytail or braid to avoid bed-head and knots.